Help our Children learn to Read.
Our mission is to provide the tools and resources to combat this epidemic at the ground level. We plan to put a book in every home and support parents as the child’s first and most important teacher. We plan to increase literacy and promote a child’s successful transition into the educational school system through outreach and awareness to parents about the importance of reading readiness for children birth through 5 years of age.
Books 4 Barbers
Started in March 2023, “Books 4 Barbers” is the newest initiative by the National Hook-up of Black Women. It aims to give children another chance to access books and develop their reading skills. We are excited to invite local businesses like yours to join us in this transformative journey.
Why Support “Books 4 Barbers”?
- Make a Lasting Impact: By supporting “Books 4 Barbers,” your business is vital in empowering children to unlock their full potential through reading. Together, we can shape a brighter future for our community.
- Boost Community Engagement: Partnering with us showcases your business’s commitment to fostering education and nurturing young minds. By providing library locations or donating funds, you demonstrate your dedication to improving literacy in our community.
- Drive Brand Visibility: As a supporter of “Books 4 Barbers,” your business will receive prominent recognition through our various channels. Gain exposure on our website, social media platforms, and community events, amplifying your brand’s reach and positive impact.
- Cultivate Customer Loyalty: You deepen the emotional connection with your customers by aligning your business with a meaningful cause like literacy. Show them you are invested in our community’s future, fostering loyalty and goodwill among existing and potential clientele.
How Can You Get Involved?
- Provide Library Locations: Open your doors to become a “Books 4 Barbers” library location. By hosting our curated collection of books, you create a warm and welcoming environment where children can immerse themselves in the joy of reading. Be a catalyst for positive change.
- Donate for Book Acquisition: Every contribution counts! Your financial support helps us acquire more books, ensuring children have diverse selections. With your generosity, we can reach more children, spark their imagination, and nurture a lifelong love for reading.
- Offer Incentives: Inspire young readers by providing incentives for their reading progress. Whether discounts, coupons, or special rewards, your business can motivate children to read more and cultivate a sense of achievement. Together, we can create a culture of reading excellence.
Join us in transforming lives through the power of reading. Contact us today to discuss how your business can support “Books 4 Barbers” and make a lasting impact on our community. Together, we can unlock the potential within every child and build a brighter future.
Our Current Stats:
Last Updated: May 30, 2023
Current Libraries Location:
Kingzi Men’s Barbershop – Richard Steadwell
Location: 410 McCullough Dr. Charlotte, NC
Legacy Martial Arts & Fitness
Location: 9548 Mt. Holly-Huntersville Rd, Suite A, Huntersville, NC
Real Men Read
The goal is to increase the percentage of students reading by the time they enter kindergarten and establish a literacy based resource center for both daycares/nurseries and grade schools. Educational support systems are the key to keeping children in school, in the work force, off welfare, and away from criminal activities. This goal will be reached by the following:
- Creating partnerships with targeted daycare centers and targeted grade schools to bridge the education gap and help children reach their full potential
- Providing workshops for program participants to pursue academic excellence.
- Hosting workshops for parents and early childhood instructors to reinforce the importance of early (birth to 5) instruction in reading.
- Distributing reading materials and resources for youth and parents.
- Develop a support and resource system for use by parents, educators, and caregivers.
Would You Like to Help?
Like to Help?
Would You Like to Help
Meeting With Us
Please Register HERE
Meeting Day & Time
3rd Thurday of Each Month @ 6:00 PM