The Queen City Chapter is a group of ordinary but extraordinary women, with different backgrounds and educational levels, willing to give their time and talents to the underprivileged and underserved in the Charlotte community and surrounding areas. We are dedicated to improving the lives of women and their families.
We are looking for dedicated, committed and compassionate women to help us with the work we are doing, and we are looking for teen girls 13-18 to become our leaders for tomorrow.
Board of Directors
- President: Patricia Lee
- 1st VP: Sonji Spencer
- 2nd VP: Patricia Brown
- Treasurer: Yolanda Shorey
- Secretary: Monique Lee
- Chaplain: Ann Cooley
Local Chapter Serving the Charlotte – Mecklenburg County area
The Queen City Chapter members are devoted to sharing their time and talents because we recognize how the impact of our work would help change the lives of many who are underserved in the Queen City and surrounding areas. Our members are a diversified group of women devoted to sharing their time and talents, for we recognize how the impact of our work would help change the lives of many who are underserved in the Queen City and surrounding areas. The endeavors of our chapter are to provide hands-on community support, focusing on domestic violence and literacy in our community, and partnering with organizations that have the same agenda.
Our goal is to hook-
The women of the National Hook-Up of Black Women, Inc. (NHBW):
- Share skills and knowledge with others
- Build relationship ties with women across the country
- Acquire leadership, management, public speaking and advocacy skills
- Create opportunities that enable women to affect meaningful changes in their personal and professional life
- Initiate and support programs that produce a better quality of life for our families and our communities
- Mentor girls and young women to achieve their highest potential
- Are committed to the preservation and dignity of the family
- Disseminate vital information and resources to members and the community on issues that impact their well-being
- Are committed to the mission of the organization and its programs
Would You Like to Help?
Like to Help?
Would You Like to Help